The MJM Yachts 40z is an eco-smart, thoughtfully created game-changer built with advanced composites, having an innovative layout and superior handling. Her strong, lightweight wet pre-preg, post-cure, epoxy/Eglass/Corecell hull results in a very low center of gravity, which translates into greater stability and seaworthiness as well as an impressively comfortable ride. Along with the Nordhavn 40, she is one of only two 40’ yachts ISO Certified Category A Ocean. Her optional Seakeeper gyrostabilizer guarantees “no roll” comfort and less fatigue. Adding further to gracious living is the flush deck from cockpit to helm, combined with side boarding doors at floating dock height. Gone are the many upstairs, downstairs and boarding challenges encountered on other yachts. That large deck for entertaining, fully-opening front windshields, panoramic sightlines and a uniquely open galley with dinette below are real eye-openers in terms of space utilization and ventilation. But to many, 40z’s greatest attribute is how she drives.
40z - Luxury Cruising
• 28.6 GPH / 1.1nmpg @ 32.5 knot cruising speed
• ISO Certified Category A Ocean
• Innovative, comfortable and spacious layout and design
• Flush deck with side boarding doors at floating dock level
• Fully-opening windshields (power option available)
• Advanced Epoxy, Eglass, Kevlar composite construction
• Volvo Penta IPS joystick docking with DPS station-keeping
• Seakeeper gyrostabilizer - option
• Convertible 3-stateroom sleeping for 6
• Sliding safety-glass side enclosure option
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40-foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The new Volvo-Penta IPS or Yanmar joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull and the Yanmar with twin sterndrives. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This new system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives
or joystick/thruster-operated jet drives.