40z Standard 2012 Specifications- as of April 23, 2011
Specifications can be downloaded in PDF format here.
- Modified deep-V, offshore hull design with sharp entry and moderate beam having dual lifting strakes, chine flats, 19-degree transom deadrise carried forward 13 feet, for stability at rest, a dry ride and level acceleration.
- Off-white gelcoat hull color with hull, cove and chine stripe in Awlcraft 2000 color of choice.
- ISO (CE Mark) Certified for Ocean Category A use and further engineered to meet ISO structural standards for a vessel capable of 45 knots in 21 ft. seas.
- Exceptionally strong & light composite construction. A pair of steel rollers outside the mold pre-impregnate stitched biaxial E-glass/Kevlar material under great pressure with Gougeon slow-set epoxy to a 60:40 ratio (glass to epoxy ratio). Damp, compressed material is transferred to and layered into the mold with 1” CoreCell closed-cell foam core then vacuum-bagged to 14.7 psi to compress/bond the laminate and eliminate air voids prior to post-curing at 145F for 48 hours.
- Solid keel, stem, and transom corners backed by a structural grid using unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP to minimize damage from impact.
- Reinforcing of thru-hull and hardware attachments areas with solid glass or Penske-Board.
- Side entry doors onto cockpit sole (2)
- Transom door to swim platform.
- Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty.
- Bilges painted with smooth, gloss-white finish.
- PVC guardrail and quarter-guard with high-polish stainless steel rub strips.
- Lewmar hull opening ports (4) in forward cabin and main saloon w/screens & shades.
- High-tech composite construction under vacuum using oven post-cured epoxy impregnated, stitched biaxial E-glass with a 1” Alcan Airex C70 cross-linked, closed-cell PVC foam core.
- Cook “Armor Flex” off-white gelcoat deck w/sand-textured non-skid. Color optional.
- Molded swim platform with recessed dinghy cleats.
- Armstrong stainless swim ladder & grab handle.
- Hardware areas reinforced with solid glass, high compression Penske Board.
- Backing plates for cleats and stanchions is epoxy G-10 pressure- laminated composite.
- Hull and deck fused together as monocoque structure with methacrylate adhesive with shear strength of 3,000 lbs. per square inch and with mechanical fasteners on 8-10” centers.
- 316L SS handrails (17) on pilothouse corner posts, hardtop, cabin top, under hardtop, on aft seat backs, galley overhead, outboard on console and either side of companionway entrance.
- Cockpit 29” high guardrail of custom 1.25” round stainless.
- 24” bow rail of 1.25” 316L stainless with 400,000 c.p. spotlight and 16” burgee staff mount.
- 3’x5’ National flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
- Muir anchor windlass with deck and cockpit controls
- Auto-launching polished stainless claw anchor w/250’ of rode and 25’ of stainless chain.
- Anchor & fresh water chain/rode washer.
- 40' gold braided 5/8” docklines (5) and fenders (4) with fleece covers and air pump.
- Polished stainless steel bow guard
- Molded windshield frame/posts with Downeast-style hardtop.
- Convertible pilothouse enclosed by un-zip-and- roll-up-in-place, Strataglas windows with Stamoid border. Entry panel to cockpit has dual window/screen feature.
- Deck drains divert dirt/soot/dew/rain into gray water system and out transom…not onto topsides.
- Custom SS multi-directional and mooring bight snubber bow chocks (2).
- Deck hatches with scuppers, overboard drains, gaskets and lockdowns (3).
- Varnished teak storage drawers under piloting seats.
- Large pilothouse settee lockers P&S w/piston-activated lockable lids, vinyl flooring and mesh organizer bags for power cords, hoses, bikes, hard luggage, dinghy and/or golf club storage.
- Cockpit seat lockers (P&S) with drain for docklines, cleaning supplies and lubricants
- 36x30 single-leaf gloss-varnished teak table with fiddles w/pilothouse & cockpit sockets.
- Pilothouse settees w/ Ultraleather cushions and backrests convert to 6.5 foot berths.
- Recessed drink holders (2)
- Lewmar overhead deck hatches in forward cabin (2), head, shower, main saloon (2) and over piloting chairs…all with Ocean dual action shade-screens.
- Cabin trunk opening ports w/screens (4) in head, shower, galley and saloon.
- Ocean Air combination screen/shades on hatches and pull shades on portlights.
- Gloss-varnished, paneled & louvered, lockable (form inside & out) sliding teak companionway door with 4-section hinged cover with chartbook retainer fiddle.
PILOTING & NAVIGATION
- Matched Stidd 500N Admiral low-back, 23” wide, recliner piloting chairs (2) in Ultraleather Piloting chairs have swiveling bases and telescoping feature that lowers chair to create a comfortable all-weather inside social seating for 8 persons.
- 24” Edson destroyer wheel with varnished teak rim
- Triple, fully-opening windshields with wiper/washers giving (a) exceptional ventilation in warm climates and (b) unrestricted visibility in fog or at night
- Bi-level instrument console with gray anti-glare top surface
- Navigation station to port with angled 27x17 surface for Chart kit.
- Jabsco 400,000cp bowrail-mounted halogen spotlight
- Kahlenberg D-OA air horn with automatic fog and at-anchor operation.
- Ritchie SS-2000 4.5” flush-mount, high-performance, Supersport compass.
- Raymarine C140Wide GPS plotter & display with radar overlay and Navionics chip.
- Raymarine ST-60 fathometer
- Raymarine 4KW digital radar w/dome
- Raymarine VHF with hinged whip antenna.
- Remote VHF speaker over helm station.
- Raymarine 6001 S1G hydraulic autopilot with rudder angle indicator
- Twin Volvo-Penta D4 300 HP common-rail, electronic diesel engines with IPS pod drives.
- Volvo-Penta DPS (Dynamic Positioning System)
- Lenco Electric Trim Tabs
- Engine-room access by means of an electronically- elevated cockpit deck hatch.
- Engine spares kit and service manual.
- UL approved fuel shutoff and fuel/air separators.
- Racor fuel/water separators with spare cartridges
- Two dedicated 175 gallon, bright-finished aluminum fuel tanks w/350 gallon capacity with WEMA SUF American standard fuel level sensors and interconnect line with shut-off valves.
- Parker 221FR fire resistant USCG Class 1 high-tensile, steel-braid-reinforced, fuel hoses.
- SS engine air intakes (4)
- Dedicated sump below engine and transmission.
- Seafire automatic fire suppressant system in engine and generator compartment
- Custom Soundown insulated engine room.
- Custom built MJM hinge-out, backlit electrical panel with 25-12v DC breakers and 12-110V AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
- 110V AC system w/Mastervolt inverter/charger.
- Shorepower system w/ 2-50' white Marinco cords
- Stainless GFCI duplex outlets (6)
- Volvo-Penta standard 125 amp alternators.
- Blue Seas battery combiners
- Galvanic isolator
- LED cabin-reading lights (4).
- Overhead LED lights in galley (4) head (2) shower (2) saloon (4) forepeak (4) piloting console (2) and pilothouse (4) on 4 dimmer switches.
- Courtesy lights (3) in cockpit and head.
- Engine compartment lights.
- 700-ampere hour absorbed glass-mat battery capacity with 2- Group 8D 245 AH house and 3-Group 31 105 AH engine and generator-start batteries.
- LED navigation and anchoring lights.
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
- Field serviceable electrical system with bundled/numbered wires w/Deutsch O-ring waterproof connectors.
- Pressure hot/cold water with Johnson Aqua Jet Duo variable-speed water pressure pump
- 13-gallon stainless steel hot water heater.
- 100-gallon polyethylene fresh water tank under main cabin sole.
- Dockside water inlet with check-valve and pressure regulator.
- General Ecology Seagull IV purification system
- Scanvik hot/cold shower on swim platform
- High-pressure fresh water (washdown in port cockpit locker w/50 hose & nozzle.
- Jabsco Rule 1100 automatic bilge pumps (3) in bow and amidships compartments.
- Vacuflush head system with 30 gallon holding tank w/ pump out and macerator discharge.
- Back-up Bosworth high-capacity cockpit-operated manual bilge pump.
- Centralized gray water discharge system through transom to minimize thru-hulls.
- Gray water sump w/inspection port for shower, head, icebox and AC condensate.
- Marelon non-corrosive thru-hulls/seacocks with strainers and double-clamped hose.
- Corian counter-top with framed and paneled cherry cabinetry with push-button hardware.
- Recessed polished SS sink with removable Corian cover and stainless combination faucet.
- Flatware & utensil drawers (3) w/Rubbermaid organizer.
- Stainless Isotherm 5.5 cu. ft. 2-drawer fridge/freezer w/plumbed icemaker from purifier.
- Dry goods cabinet w/sliding doors and intermediate shelf running full length of galley.
- Chinaware & glass storage and rinsing compartment outboard of sink with drain & vent.
- Under counter storage locker for large pots/pans and cleaning supplies.
- Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin.
- Overhead safety handrail and towel drying bar.
- Ceramic 2-burner electric stove w/pop-up retainers.
- Convection/microwave 5-way oven.
- Double stainless hooks for hotpads and dishtowels
- Spacious dinette table lowers with electronic control to form 40-44” wide, 78” long berth. Heavy opaque linen curtain anchors to ceiling to form private cabin with vertical zipper entry. 5” Ultraleather covered memory foam insert is stored in vinyl bag.
- Large hull opening ports (2), skylight hatches (2) and cabin portlights (2) to maximize ventilation, sense of space and light.
- The companionway is designed to function like a normal stairway with a stainless rail to port and safe, sanded teak companionway w/2 steps down. Shoe locker and/or tool storage under steps.
- Headroom of 6’4” on centerline.
- Gloss varnished teak & holly cabin sole with storage compartment for large plastic bins.
- Off-white Nevamar HPL paneling with cherry trim with foam backed vinyl headliner & satin-varnished cherry ceiling battens.
- Access door to head with integral shower.
- Flatscreen LED TV option is mounted on angled bulkhead facing the settee.
- Fixed 78”x 60” island double berth in quilted Ultra-Leather memory-foam mattress.
- Storage drawers (4) and large storage compartment
- Storage shelves over berth (P&S) also serve as handholds when rising from berth.
- Framed cherry wood forward bulkhead with recessed bookcases (2) and double access doors to large forepeak anchor locker.
- Combination bureau/entertainment center with cabinet, drawer & shoe locker, Corian counter and upper storage shelf. 2nd Flatscreen TV option would be mounted on cabinet door.
- Hanging locker to port with storage shelf over.
- Private access to head and shower.
- Stainless double-hooks (4) for clothing
- Dressing mirror on forward face of entry door.
- The portside combination head/shower is accessible from either cabin.
- Corian counter with polished stainless oval sink S having mixer valve spigot and pullout flexible hose with soft-spray to use as second shower accessible from saloon.
- Paneled cherry storage locker outboard with sliding doors and towel storage shelf above.
- Full length mirrors inside door.
- Locker under sink w/stainless TP holder
- Towel rings and hooks.
- Vent hatch and portlight.
- Floor drain to gray water overboard system.
STAND ALONE SHOWER
- Separate stall shower to starboard with seat, towel & toiletry storage bin outboard.
- Wall mounted Scanvik shower fixture w/ flexible hose.
- Full mirror inside door.
- Towel rings and bathing suit hooks.
- Vent hatch and portlight.
- Floor drain to gray water overboard system.
- Hull, cove and boot stripe colors in Awlcraft 2000 color of choice.
- Bottom paint brand and color with Interprotect primer system.
- Contrasting non-skid gelcoat color on deck and in cockpit if no teak decking.
- Name and hailing port on transom (1 color vinyl)
- Interior and exterior upholstery in Ultraleather fabrics color of choice.
- Express Model in lieu of Standard with vented fixed glass forward side window and roll-up Strataglass in upper aft section. Reduces side opening by approximately 60%.
- Stidd 36” Wide 500W seats on adjustable swivel base in lieu of standard 23” wide 500N Slim Line Admiral model. Measurement is to outside of arms.
- Textilene pilothouse sunscreen/privacy curtains, which mount inside rather than outside.
- Teak & Thiokol pilothouse decking.
- Teak & Thiokol aft cockpit and deck step decking.
- Cockpit cover (3 piece) to protect teak decking & upholstery
- Teak & Thiokol swim platform decking
- Removable Teak & Thiokol helm riser (4”)
- Full width stern seat with removable section for transom door with bolstered Ultraleather upholstery and weather cover.
- Edson removable dinghy davits (250 lb. capacity) on transom.
- Forward cabintop sunbathing cushions.
- Volvo-Penta D6 2x370 HP IPS 600 Pod Drives with DPS in lieu of standard D4 2x300’s IPS 400 with DPS.
- Volvo Penta IPS Joystick Controlled Sterndrives with standard D4 2x300 HP Engines (DPS Not Available).
- Volvo Penta IPS Joystick Controlled Sterndrives with D6 20x370 HP Diesel Engines (DPS Not Available)
- Supplementary Bow Thruster for Sterndrive installation.
- Northern Lights 6KW 1800 rpm, 3 cylinder genset with start battery and fire suppression system
- Marine-Air 16,000 BTU air-conditioning system with reverse cycle heat having ducts in either pilothouse and interior or both.
- Wallas thermostat controlled Diesel heater with adjustable louvered vents to pilothouse, main saloon, head and forepeak.
- Primary flatscreen HD LED TV in main saloon w/Clarion VS755 DVD Player, cable and Wii jacks.
- Secondary flatscreen HD ready LCD TV in forward cabin in lieu of bureau cabinet doors.
- KVH M3 (works underway) TV Receiver Dome on pedestal with radar & all-round light. Includes automatic HD switching system.
- Clarion CMD-6 stereo system, CD changer, 400W amplifier, MP3/IPod jack, 2 Bose Cube speakers and Bass Woofer sin main cabin with 2 Clarion in forward cabin and 4 in pilothouse and cockpit.
- Sirius/XM Satellite Radio receiver.
- 230V 50Hz electrical system for European and International markets.
- Raymarine E140W HybridTouch Display in lieu of standard C140W.
- Raymarine T Series (FLIR) Thermal Imaging Night Vision System (T303 or T403)
- Added Displays on helm console or navigation console
- Sirius SR 100 Satellite Weather
- Array Radar and Tracking Systems customized to owner preference.
- Alternate Convertible Guest Cabin in Saloon in lieu of the Dinette. A 78” long, main saloon lounge settee (opposite galley) converts to over & under Pullman berths with snap-in-place privacy curtain. Bolstered Ultraleather cushions in color of choice. 5” Latex bottom cushion. 4” foam upper cushion
- 2nd Head/Shower Combination with door to Saloon in lieu of Shower with door to forward cabin.
- Hella Turbo Fans (4) on forepeak bulkhead and either side of main saloon settee.
OTHER CUSTOM OPTIONS
- Teak decking on foredeck & sidedecks
- Cherry paneling in lieu of white in main saloon
- Interior teak joinery below deck, in lieu of cherry
- European stern-boarding Passarelle
- Swedish stern anchoring system w/windlass
- Forward cabin-top sunbathing cushions
- Stainless Luke fireplace
- Hydraulic Lifting Swim Platform with Dinghy Cradle.
NOTICE: These Specifications of design, equipment, layout or construction are subject to change without notice or MJM being obligated to incorporate such changes in boats under construction or previous products. Estimated weights, speeds, fuel consumption and other performance characteristics are not guaranteed.